Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Girl stuff" in a house of boys... a lot of TMI!

Before recording the story I'm writing about today, I will first share a previous "girl stuff" experience.

I promised my boys we would go swimming one day, but mother nature paid a visit on that very day. Not comfortable with being in the pool at the time, I informed the boys we would have to go a different day. They couldn't believe/ understand why I would break a promise. I tried the best I could to explain in a way that they would forgive me without too.much.information. (After all, they're only 7... and boys) Our conversation went like this:

Me: Once a month girls' bodies clean themselves out. Our bodies get rid of stuff we don't need anymore. Since that includes blood, I really am not comfortable going to the pool today.

Aiden: You mean girls recycle?! ;)

So, now you know. Girls are naturally "green"! Go us! ;)

Fast forward to the other day...

Aiden found a tampon (it wasn't used or anything... still in it's wrapper and everything!). He asked, "What in the heck is this thing?"

I nonchalantly responded, "A tampon." and went about what I was doing. (Hoping that was the end of the conversation. If you know my curious boys, you know it was futile a hope!)

Aiden then said, "By the way, what the heck is a tampon?"

I said, "It's for girls to use when they're 'recycling'. It soaks up some of the blood and fluid they're getting rid of."

Aiden (a little shocked and incredulous) asked, "You have to SWALLOW this thing?!" Ha ha! Thankfully, no, but who wants to explain to him how you use it instead?!

2 comments:

Sarah and Chris said...

Ha! That is pretty funny. My boys wondered about the pads I had to wear after I had Warren. I eventually described them as kind of like a diaper. So now if they EVER see one (even at the store) they say, look! Its a mommy diaper!

Cindi said...

That's funny, Sarah! It's only the beginning... considering you're in a house of boys! :)