Sunday, August 10, 2008

The land of the blogs...

I've joined the land... I even considered that as the title of my blog. I thought it was kind of a reference to "The land of the Lost" t.v. show, but realized that not too many people would even know what that was! (I loved it when I was a kid... How OLD am I, anyway?!?! Yikes!! Just for curiosity's sake, do any of you- assuming anyone is reading this thing- remember the show?!)

I've been holding out on creating a blog until I could come up with a clever name like my friend, Kayte... Her last name is Eck... You just can't beat the "Eck's files", you know? She's even been trying to come up with a clever name FOR me. (Thanks for your help!) ;) All this time I've been working with my last name (Habib) but nothing really stood out. I thought about "HotBabe" since that's what one of my brothers said it sounds like, but decided that might draw the attention of less-than-desirable surfers (as in naughty-content-searching-web-surfers, not the ocean kind... I really don't find anything less than desirable about them. Come to think of it, I don't even know any ocean surfers. Still I don't mind if any of them stumble upon my little blog.). So, I decided to go with my old nickname (thanks Michael- my brother-in-law) and decided the apples kind of go along with the whole "original Cin" idea... little play on words. And, while it may not be as cool as the Eck's files, (as long as we're being honest, here, what really IS that cool?!) it'll do for me.

One thing I'm a little curious about (but not curious enough to actually do any research or look it up) is why it's called a "blog". I've come to my own conclusions. I decided it's because most people are writing their "thoughts" and journaling, which they think is so interesting and thought-provoking, while others are thinking "blah, blah, blah... so they logged on to the internet and wrote about their day"... together it just becomes "blog". If anybody else reading this has an idea (I don't want facts- Kristine... queen of finding all the answers which really comes in handy for me lots of times [take scrabulous for example] and I appreciate it- I want some silly, funny, made-up stuff) that is clever (like MY idea obviously is) about where the word "blog" originates, please feel free to share!

5 comments:

jksfam said...

Welcome to blogland. I've HEARD of Land of the Lost, but don't remember watching it. I like the title. You'll have to see what mine is... I agree with your description of blogs, but I'll go with what it really stands for (that's what I'm good for, right): weblog - we. I love how I can see what others are doing, looking like, etc.

The "Eck's" Files said...

welcome to blogger world!! that is AWESOME! and the name is totally killer!!

DeeDee {the great} said...

cindi, you are the most hilarious girl I know. I will read your blog just to laugh!

Cindi said...

Thanks Deed... check's in the mail! ;)

Teresa Jolley said...

Yee haw, You've finally joined us. You better keep up on it because I check them often and I will give you hassle if your not up to date. I love reading new posts so start posting girl!!