Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Eclipse... the movie


Back in December (ok, so I'm a little behind) I arrived at my parents house (where my boys had been most of the day... and where they'd stay ALL day EVERY day if I'd let them) and Chase eagerly came up and asked, "Mom, can we watch Eclipse tonight at the movie theatre?" A little confused, I reminded him that it wasn't in the theatres anymore. He insisted that Grandma was going "out" to watch it later in the evening. I realized that he must be talking about the LUNAR eclipse, not the latest movie in the ever-popular vampire series. I explained what the eclipse really was... apparently not very well as evidenced by the following conversation, which took place several hours later:
Chase: "Mom, please can we go watch Eclipse with Grandma tonight?"
Me: "Chase, it's the moon. The eclipse is the moon. Up in the sky."
Chase: "Soooooooo... the MOON is showing a movie?"
I was a dutiful mom and I woke each of my boys up and carried them outside into the freezing 2:00 a.m. air so they could witness the eclipse. In the morning, neither of them even remembered anything about it (or believed me when I insisted that I did, in fact, take them outside to view the reddish moon, for that matter).

1 comments:

Shannon Dooley said...

Oh my word that is so funny!