Sunday, January 23, 2011

Po-TAY-to/ Po-TAH-to

I have a habit of saying dag-NAB-it a lot. Emphasis on "NAB". It's kinder and gentler swearing than some other things I could say. My boys have never picked it up. Never heard them say it... and then this exchange yesterday:

I was playing a game. Chase was watching me. I lost. Chase exclaimed, "dog-DAM-it". (I cannot tell a lie, it still makes me giggle everytime I think about it.) After the shock wore off I said, "That's a bad word." Chase immediately replied, "Grandma said it!" (phew! He wasn't trying to copy me... it was GRANDMA'S fault!) I asked, "When did she say that?" He said, "When she left her purse at home." ***disclaimer... upon confronting Grandma, she insists she said, "Dangit."*** Lesson learned? A swear word by any other name is just the same... to a 5 year old. ;)

5 comments:

Noma said...

I really have to be careful what I say around these Grandchildren of mine...they will get me in trouble if I am not careful!! AND...I DID say 'dang it'...just sayin!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am laughing out loud:)

Cindi said...

Mom, I believe you! Really!
Denise, I keep laughing out loud when I think about it too. :)

Shannon Dooley said...

OH MY WORD! I say dag-nab-it constantly! That's funny!

The "Eck's" Files said...

Bad, bad Grandma!! Like she would EVER swear...and I mean that for reals! I'm surprised she even said Dangit!! I <3 your family!