Wednesday, January 12, 2011

There's a monster in my house



Ok, so maybe I exaggerate when I say monster. Maybe it's really just a mouse. (I get that if there's "A" mouse, there's more than likely mice plural, but it's easier for me to pretend it's a single, solitary one that is terrrorizing me. It's a little more tolerable.) To ME, though it's a monstrous problem.



I'm not a fan of mice. Not even a little bit. If you look in my pantry, it is practically bare... every food item NOT in a glass jar or metal can is in my fridge or freezer. I want the mouse to die and never, ever return again (like as a ghost to haunt me... it's friends aren't welcome either). I would probably be like the little old lady in the movie Ratatouille and actually shoot at it if I owned a gun. I'm that irrational when it comes to this unwelcome, uninvited intruder.



My young sons get that I'm completely horrified by the monster in our house. We had a little teaching moment the other day (Chase teaching. Me... listening, but not really open-minded about the subject matter!)




Chase: "Mom, didn't Heavenly Father create mice?"


Me: "Yes, He did."


Chase: "Why do you want to kill Heavenly Father's creations?"


Me: "Well, Chase, I don't know what Heavenly Father's intentions were for mice, but I'm sure they are not meant to inhabit humans homes and get into their stuff and poop and pee in their pantrys. So, since that's what is happening, I think it's ok for us to get rid of the mice in our house."


Chase: "Well, maybe Heavenly Father just made a mistake."



Ha, ha... or maybe I need to be a better example. I just don't see it happening. Not anytime soon. Just not when it involves His creation, the mouse... in my house.



P.S. There's a super cute kids song called "there's a monster in my house"... it turns out to be a snoring father, but for me, well, you know what my monster is.

7 comments:

Christian and Jennifer said...

AMEN!!!!! Hate them. DETEST them! (But your boys are so cute!)

Shannon Dooley said...

Growing up I had pet rats. They were so affectionate & smart. Like a little puppy. Are you cringing yet? :) You are such a fabulous writer! And have the most beautiful children ever. & I love that they call ithow they see it.

Cindi said...

Shannon, you are the bravest girl I know! Rats? Seriously? I want to burn my house down because of a mouse! Lol. You get that, right, Jennifer? :)
Thanks for the compliment, Shannon. I love reading your blog too. You write very well. And Jennifer? Well, you're super entertaining.

DeeDee {the great} said...

I hate mice, Too! In Altus, we had one in our base house. I called the maintainence guys out every time I heard it. Finally we were offered a new house...we took it! And Heavenly Father was just being silly whenn Hemade hose things.

Noma said...

Well, personally I think that Heavenly Father HAS to have a great sense of humor, can you imagine HIM seeing how we 'girls' feel about His Mice?? Dee Dee, I think He did it to see how we would react and He probably chuckles to Himself when he sees those reactions!! I HATE MICE too...they are disgusting and just downright WRONG to think they can just live in our houses without our permission...just sayin!! I love you all!! Cindi, I LOVE your BLOG and I LOVE YOU and you know how I LOVE and ADORE your BOYS!! They make me feel so LOVED because they ALWAYS want to come to Grandma's house!! One day I said to them: "Boys, you know it is Grandfather's house too" and Chase said: "But you lived here first Grandma so it is your house!!" lol lol They always say the cutest things!! I am so Grateful to our Heavenly Father for my Daughters and Sons and for their loving me so much that they have made me a GRANDMA to all of my AMAZING Grandchildren!!

Anonymous said...

Is it still there? If you need me to, I'll come over and set up traps for you.

Cindi said...

Thanks, Mom. :) Denise, we've set traps. Nothing. We put out poison. Nothing. I swear they're still out there. They're just too smart for us. They're tormenting me. :P