Sunday, September 28, 2008

Whose line is it, Anyway?


So my little Chaseroo has a penchant for quoting movies (or songs). It makes me laugh everytime because he's only 3... and he's only been 3 for a month. He definitely has a quick wit like his Uncle Dennis and cousin Elli. A few examples:


1-Aiden was trying to hit a ball with a makeshift bat (a lincoln log). I threw the ball and he swung and missed. Chase said, "So close, and still so far." I wondered where he got that from and figured it out in the car listening to one of our favorite cds... anyone know? (No fair if I already told you, Amber & Dee Dee!) ;)


2-We were riding around in the car and Aiden fell asleep. Chase says, "Mom, we got a nodder." ha, ha Name the movie.


3-Chase had his hand up pinching his fingers and thumb together saying, "I've got a pincher. Watch out, it's going to get you." So, I made a pincher with my fingers and started to go after HIM. He started scurrying away (we were on my bed) yelling, "Swim away, swim away!"


I never know what these boys are going to come up with next, but they sure do keep me laughing! :D

6 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

It's seriously must run in our family! All of my siblings, including me, quote from movies all the time. And we seem to be passing it to our childrens. Love it. It just means that our kids are smart.

jeannie said...

I know both the boys are so very smart! Of course I do not know what movies they are talking about!! Love those boys's love that Cindi!! Love Aunt Jeannie

janetiris4 said...

I know that nodder one came from Cars!! And the swim away - is that Finding Nemo, when they run into that cool fish in the black trench?

My family quotes from movies all the time too. these are from my favorite movie: "You are my sun, my moon, my starlit sky, without you I dwell in darkness" and "out of the way peck" and "because your 10 times taller than I am stupid".
Another one of my favorites is "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Another one I like is "who disturbs my slumber" Can you guess what movies these are from?

Anonymous said...

So here it is...I told you I would comment since I know ALL the answers....
The first one: is from Enchanted, Second: is Cars and then third: Finding Nemo.
It cracks me up what these kids come up with.

Cindi said...

Denise is the WINNER!! What does she win? I don't know yet, but I promise it will be something good! ;)

The "Eck's" Files said...

keep your antics coming!! With twins, you have a veritable fountain of comedy!!
and I'm waiting for your 6 quirky things! Or I'll do them for you!