Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chase for hire

So last week Chase wanted me to read him a book but I told him I had to make dinner since the missionaries were coming over for dinner. I said that I also needed to straighten up the living room since there were toys all over the floor. Not only was he understanding, he VOLUNTEERED to clean the living room. (Keep in mind, he's only 3.) I told him that would be awesome. So, he did a fabulous job and THEN informed me that he was also going to clean his room, which was a huge mess. He cleaned it to near-perfection! WAY TO GO, Chase!!


Fast-forward to yesterday when I was doing laundry. The dryer buzzed to signal that the load was dry. Chase picked up his own little green toy bucket and informed me that he was going to "pretend this is a laundry basket". He then proceeded to take the clothes out of the dryer, one bucket at a time and dump the clothes on the family room floor. I sat down by the growing pile to begin folding only to be informed in no uncertain terms that HE was folding the clothes. Ok. He didn't want any help. He just wanted me to take pictures. I dutifully complied.

He made neat little piles. (And even thanked me sweetly when I carefully stepped over them to take more pictures without knocking anything down.) The only trouble was when Aiden decided he wanted to get in on the "act". Chase insisted that he wanted to do it all by himself. After a few minutes, he relented and allowed Aiden to help... At which point Aiden picked up one of my t-shirts and threw it around the room for a little while. Then he put it on (sort of) and then sat down on the floor and pulled on a pair of my nylons. THAT was the extent of Aiden's help. ;) (And never mention the panty-hose wearing to Karam!! lol)

And for anyone wondering, NO I did not refold any of it. Even if I was tempted, I didn't have a chance since Chase insisted on putting the clothes away immediately (with a little help from his mom). So, let the requests pour in... just keep in mind, I'm not offering his services for CHEAP! ;)

2 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

If only my 2year old were that helpfull. Then again, my husbands not any better. Like father, like son!~

Noma said...

I absolutely LOVE these Twin Grandsons of mine!! Chase comes to Grandma's house and helps me clean up and he is always so proud of the work that he does!! He is amazing!! What a wonderful helper he is to his mom!! Aiden does other things to be a helper, sometimes NOT quite as helpful but then again...they are 3!! I love you guys, Chase and Aiden!!