Sunday, February 22, 2009

Firsts

Today was the first time my little Sunbeams, Aiden and Chase, had an assignment for sharing time. Aiden was supposed to bear his testimony, while Chase was assigned the scripture and prayer. (We do one talk and one testimony because none of the children in our ward bear their testimonies in sacrament meeting, so we decided we needed to help them develop their testimonies.) So, Aiden gets up there and got all shy. Not completely surprising, right?! I prompted him to say, "I want to bear my testimony." No problem. Then I asked (like we'd rehearsed) what do you believe? (Hoping that he didn't talk about carrots and cars... like when we'd rehearsed... hoping that I impressed upon him the "appropriate" things to talk about in a testimony.) His first thought? "I love Jesus Christ." (So far, so good.) Nothing else? Family? Anything? Then this... right into the microphone for all the giggly primary children's amusement, "Mommmmmmmy. I has to go poop!" Nothing like a little "potty" talk to kill the spirit. Thanks Aiden. Way to make your Primary-president-mother proud! We'll laugh about this for ages! :D

3 comments:

jksfam said...

:)

Christian and Jennifer said...

Aaaah . . . the joys of motherhood and microphones.

The Barnett Family said...

LOL...that is just too cute!