Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lot'a love

My favorite Jordyn in the world used to tell her mom, "I love you Mom. All the way up to the sky. Is that a lot?" I always thought it was so cute, so I started telling Aiden and Chase that I love them all the way up to the sky. Instead of reciprocating the thought, they tried (in their own way) to outdo me. I get things like, "I love you as much as the moon." or "I love you like a hippopatamus." In the spirit of "can't beat 'em, join 'em", I've started saying silly things like, "I love you like a giraffe loves crackers." Tonight's exchange convinced me that my comparisons are falling on deaf ears. Case in point:

Me (to Aiden and Chase): "I love you like flowers love sunshine."

Aiden: "I love you like an alligator."

Me: "You love me like an alligator loves a swamp?"

Aiden: "No. I just love you like an alligater."

Me: "Oh."

Chase: "I love you like a swamp!"

4 comments:

jksfam said...

I love you like a swamp, too!

Christian and Jennifer said...

That is way too funny! How cute are they!?! That made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing your fun boys with us.

DeeDee {the great} said...

I just love these boys...and I love your blog! It is so fun! You must print it out each year as a journal. You are a fabulous writer! and I love you like a raccoon!

Cindi said...

And Dee Dee, I love you like a raccoon loves trash. ;)