Sunday, February 15, 2009

The trail of toys.

I was checking e-mail and stuff online (ok, maybe I WAS playing Mafia Wars) and the boys were playing in their playroom. They were making tons of noise throwing things in the toybox and stuff. They said they were cleaning. Good for them. I didn't even have to ask. What good boys, right?!


Then suddenly Chase was behind me saying, "We don't really want a playroom, actually." Huh?! What?! (A month or so ago we turned MY sewing room into THEIR "sewing room"... in other words "playroom". I didn't find it blog worthy at the time... but... It was impossible to keep the family room clean because of all their toys. Plus, half the time their stuff was all over my sewing room anyway. Hence the decision to consolidate the mess into one "toy room".) Fast forward to today...I questioned, "Well, what are we going to do with all your toys? Throw them away?" Chase said, "No, actually, we're moving them back." All that "cleaning"... it was more like "moving"! This is the trail that greeted me:

The virtually empty toy room:

The cleaning DID take place, after all. Just not the helpful, unbidden effort I thought was going on. It was a group effort (read-mostly Mommy doing the work) of turning the toyroom back into the toyroom... for the second time.

3 comments:

jksfam said...

Stinkers! Don't you hate how they have a little partner in crime?!?

By the way, what is mob wars all about? I'm pretty sure I better not even start, but I have no idea what you even do.

Cindi said...

Exactly, Kristy. That's what I've always said about twins, they have a built-in accomplice! :D

Mob wars is just where you do "jobs" to make money and buy property to make more money and do more "jobs"... it's a little bit like "dirty" monopoly. It's easy. It's addictive. ;) Come join my team! I'll send you an invite! Again. lol

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

Wow! That's too funny! Logan does that sort of thing sometimes...but Annie can't help him yet!