Monday, October 27, 2008

Construction...

So we decided to have a few friends over to make "haunted" houses. (I know I said nobody could come over for 15-16 years, but both friends had already been to my house and seen all the messes. Plus, Jennifer reminded me that the furniture isn't complaining. You just have to keep things in perspective! ;) Thanks Jenn!) As always, the visions in my head and the final product were waaaay different, but at least we had fun doing it. Because the icing was too thick and didn't dry quick enough or stick (or whatever), our "haunted" houses turned into "condemned" houses. Hopefully I'll remember this lesson when it comes time to make gingerbread houses!


Megan proved her professionalism by being the only one who constructed a house that actually stayed together in spite of the icing! Impressive! Must be all those years of Gingerbread-house-building under her belt. Talon wins the award for the house with the most Skittles! ;)


Michelle, Lilly, & Adalee proved very adaptable by giving up on the 3-d houses and just settling for one-dimensional. (You can see them a little in the back.) Lilly was also the only "little person" who stuck with the project to the end. Everyone else just came and went.
Here's Chase's house just after it came crashing down. (We did manage to put the base back together, but never got the roof to stay up. It's the house in the center in the picture above.)


Aiden was very meticulous and concentrated hard to get his house "just right"... then the roof fell off. Then he was done. :D



Thanks, guys, for coming over and "playing" with us!

3 comments:

Christian and Jennifer said...

They look like so much fun! And delicious. I want cookies right now. RIGHT NOW. Now that I'm no longer pregnant, I still have cravings for sugar. Wait. I've had that problem my whole life. I already polished off the oreos, so I hope you ahve some leftovers for us!

Cindi said...

Come on down! I'll MAKE more! Just for you! ;)

Teresa Jolley said...

I've never heard of haunted houses. That's so cute.