Monday, October 27, 2008

The Golden Arches...

or "Old MacDonald had a farm" as my boys call it (OMHAF for the purposes of this blog post). I've never been a big fan, but somehow they've developed a love for it. Maybe because they take after their father? Maybe by association since they love the Old MacDonald song (even though I know it's spelled differently. They don't know that yet. Refer to my previous post about still learning the alphabet.. ha, ha). Anyway, I took them there tonight simply because Chase took a nap (pure evil... he always wakes up crying and complaining and is almost impossible to deal with for at least half an hour, and then he won't go to bed at a reasonable hour... he's still up at 10:43! grrr... but I digress) and was STARVING when he woke up. Of course that made his usual waking-up-from-a-nap-like-a-crazy-mad-angry-bear so much more tolerable! (Did I mention he's been like that since almost birth and I've tried everything to no avail?!?!) ;) Anyway, he wanted OMHAF. I agreed just because I knew it would make his normal tirade a whole lot shorter and I hadn't started making dinner yet. Well, once there, the girl asked if the "Happy Meals" were for boys or girls, then gave us matchbox cars accordingly. A little presumptive, if you ask Aiden who insisted on trading his in because HE WANTED A BARBIE! Just don't tell his dad! ;) Then I broke down and actually let them play in the play area, which I haven't consented to for OVER a year because our last time a little boy peed in the top structure and it came pouring out all over the floor below close to where we were standing. It even splashed on Aiden. DISGUSTING, RIGHT?! (I've since heard worse stories!) Anyway, the boys always know they can't play at McDonalds. It doesn't stop them from asking, but they always answer their own questions with "some kids pee and poop in there and it's gross?". Well, after being cooped up in the house all day, I relented this time and actually let them play. They kept reassuring me when they'd come off the slide, "This is really fun Mommy. There's nothing gross in here!" Then it was time to go. While I was putting Aiden's shoes on him, Chase happened to touch somebody's smeared ice cream on a table nearby. He didn't know what it was, only that it was brown and a little slimey. He seriously started gagging! I had to hold his hand so that he couldn't see it until we got to the bathroom to wash it off! Maybe the end of our visit will overshadow the "fun" they had and they'll remember it as a gross place again. ;) I can only hope!

7 comments:

jksfam said...

Not my favorite place, either, but haven't had any of those gross moments. I hope that continues!!!

Cindi said...

It occurred to me that I'm a little evil for hoping Chase remembers the "fun" time as gross! Mean mom!

John-Maren Goodman said...

I seriously hate the those play places as well!! Although sometimes it's so much easier to give in than to feel like you depriving them!! Have I told you that Your boys are way handsome! They definitely Have Johnson in them!! Very handsome!!

KristinNB said...

Uhhg, I am not a fan either.. But kids always love the food there.. I do like their ice cream cones.. Yummy, ice cream cone..
The kids love to play in the playland.. We luckily haven't had any gross experiences with it..

Cindi said...

Thanks, Mare! :D Hopefully you won't have any gross experiences, Kristin!

Our Family said...

I love your blog! It is so cute and you write it so well! My boys also love the playground. I take them there when I need some sort of a break. So far no infectious diseases, lets keep our fingers crossed.

Our Life is a Journey said...

Oh I love McDonalds ice cream cones especially on a hot day. Luckily I neve had any of those gross moments there.