Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tag... I'm IT

When you get tagged and you're "it", you have to be "it". There's just no getting around it. It's like when you are double-dog dared to do something. You just have to do it. (Assuming you're playing truth or dare... you don't have to do something JUST because someone adds those words, otherwise.) Those are the rules. So, my friend Kayte (the cool "Eck's File" blogger) posted this in her blog a few days ago. Although I promised to follow suit, I have not. To be quite honest, I'd even forgotten about doing it. Oopsie. But no more! I will comply because now Kayte has threatened to do it FOR me. Yikes! Who knows what SHE finds "quirky" about me. I will probably come up with "quirky" things, while she might post the "weird"... so here goes:

Here are the rules: Link the person who tagged you. http://theecksfiles.blogspot.com/ Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same. Leave a comment to let them know.

1. I use Word's thesaurus ALL of the time. In fact, I even looked up "quirky" (idiosyncratic, original, unusual, peculiar, odd... to name a few) to see what other words are associated with quirky just in case "weird" really was one. (Even though it doesn't REALLY matter now, since I'm following the rules so Kayte won't have to post my "quirks" FOR me.) I also don't like to use the same, common, ordinary words all the time, so I check the trusty thesaurus to get replacement words.

2. I LOVE playing Backgammon. Some nights when my boys go to sleep and my husband is working, I log on to MSN games and play (is THAT the real reason I can never keep my house clean? I spend too much time playing a silly game?!?!) That'll be our secret (between me and the 2 or 3 people who actually READ this blog!). ;)

3. I'm all about following rules. It's like I believed the adults in my life when I was a kid. (See the beginning of this blog.) My sister even says that I still make all my letters the same way I was taught. You know how in school you get graded for making the letters exact? No deviations? I still do that. Which means that my handwriting is very boring... perhaps my rule-following makes ME very boring too! I do try to break the occasional rule just for the sake of doing it. Like yesterday after Chase dropped his pacifier off the skyride at the zoo, I actually lifted him over the fence to climb up the rocks and get to it! EVEN though the fence was obviously there to keep people out! See, how fearless I am?!? ;)

4. I'm VERY critical of posted signs, or things in print. It doesn't mean that I don't make mistakes myself. I just try very hard NOT to and will correct anything I find. I mean, come on, should the city REALLY send out a letter to inform the dwellers about the "pubic" meeting to discuss road construction?! I think NOT! I'm really bad/ good about noticing those things. In fact, I even took a picture of a sign on the bathroom at the zoo yesterday with the intention of possibly starting a "headlines" blog! Since I seriously notice it that much! :D



If any of you know what an "inconvence" is, please feel free to share. (I couldn't find it in my trusty thesaurus.)

5. I'm very protective of my friends and family. I think some people might call it holding a grudge. (Could that be why I thought the following quote was so funny: "I don't hold a grudge. I put it on a pedestal and worship it.") Not me. I call it defensive, caring, shielding, protective. ;) Take your pick. If someone I care about has been wronged, I will be their quickest defender. I also get very offended if I feel like I have been wronged and someone I care about doesn't support, defend, encourage, or help me. (I think you get the picture about the whole "thesaurus thing".)

6. I love opposites together. (Could that be why I married Karam?!?!) I like sweet and salty. (Ice cream with peanuts.) Hot and cold. (The only example I can think of right now is hot chocolate with cold whipped cream.) Crunchy and soft. (French bread with the hard outer crust, but the soft bread inside.)

There. I did it. My "quirks" actually came to me quite easily, which surprised me. I thought it would be a lot more difficult to come up with. In fact, I could probably even come up with more if I tried. So now I have to tag others. I think it would be interesting to hear everyone's quirks, however, I'm only tagging the people I think are "rule-followers" like me who will actually do it. If you choose NOT to, however, I will borrow Kayte's threat and do it for you! ;)

I tag: Dee Dee, Kristy, Megan, Maren, Teresa, & Denise



P.S. Feel free to find all my errors, because believe me, I would do it too!

8 comments:

jksfam said...

I've notified at least 3 people/companies about typos on their blogs - not just regular posts, but things parts of websites that are supposed to be where they want information about them. I porbably can't copy one of your quirks, though...

I'll get to my tagging response soon.

The "Eck's" Files said...

LOVE IT!! Nicely done!! Be careful with the Thesaurus......my team never knows what I'm talking about, when I comment on their "garish" PowerPoint!! LOL!!

Cindi said...

Kristy, I think it's ok if we have a quirk that's the same. :D


Kayte, way to keep those tastelessly showy powerpoints in check! ;)

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

Those are some good ones! You are so funny! :D Those are all good "quirks" to have!

Cindi said...

Thanks, Lori! :D I was going to tag you, but saw that Kayte already did... in fact, you better get busy on that before she threatens you! ;) lol

Tiana Johnson said...

I too hate it when signs are misspelled. I mean, come on, if someone is going to make a sign, wouldn't they have someone spell check it before they let the world see it? In Utah, there a sign about "counertops", and it was a huge billboard next to I-15. Hello!!! If they're that bad at spelling something the world will see, what are their coun"t"ertops going to look like?

Teresa Jolley said...

You know what is really sad is I had to look at the Out of Order sign 3 times before I noticed what was misspelled. I bet you have a hayday on my blog with all my mistakes I make, Love you.

Cindi said...

LOL. Teresa. Actually I'm not so critical of people and their personal blogs! ;) I mostly pick apart signs or letters, etc. that people actually post in public places and such! I just remembered a memo one of my assistants sent out (back in my working outside the home days) without getting anyone to proof it for her... she threatened that anyone who left their trash outside their doors instead of taking it to the dumpster would be "assed" a fine! ;)