Thursday, January 15, 2009

Generation gap?

Maybe not...

I went to my friend, Anna's bridal shower last night. Her cute grandma (who is pictured above... and I stole the picture from Lori's blog. Thank you, Lori.) was soooooo funny when Anna was opening her gifts! She got a little embarrassed by the lingerie, which of course Anna got plenty of... it was a bridal shower, after all! ;) First of all, after opening a few of the nighties and such, Anna's Grandma said, "I'm trying not to picture her in all of these things!" I thought it was so cute and hilarious. Then she said, "I guess Henki (Anna's fiance) is going to be a lucky man." lol! Then she gave Anna her gift, which was wrapped in a sweater (you can see it resting on her lap in the pic) and informed her that the sweater was to cover up when wearing some of the other gifts! The final moment of hilarity was when Anna opened the gifts from her grandma which included a set of frying pans. She informed her that they had multiple uses! :D She's just so cute anyway, but last night she really kept me laughing! :D

4 comments:

DeeDee {the great} said...

That is hilarious! I'm blushing just thinking about those frying pans!

Cindi said...

LOL!!!! You crack me up! :)

Teresa Jolley said...

I love it when older generations come to bridal showers. They don't know what to think or say. It's great.

Noma said...

I have to add my two cents worth...after all I am a Grandma too!! I was at the shower and Anna's Grandma was the cutest thing ever when Anna opened all her lingerie, she really blushed and was so embarrassed about the whole thing!! Like Cindi said, she was cute when she said the thing about the frying pans...she even took it and acted like she was going to 'bonk' Anna on the head telling her that they had 'multiple uses!!' It was a very fun bridal shower!!