Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holidays

I failed to take very many pictures of Christmas or New Years... Oopsie.


Here's a quick "highlights" list:


Marc & Leilani and Charly & Kavika showed up as a big surprise! Woo-hoo. It's always so fun to have them around. The highlight (for me, anyway) was their singing. I could listen to either or both of them continuously!! They were so sweet and made Karam & I a breakfast buffet (Marc's crepes are to-die-for!) for dinner on our anniversary (6 years?!? Really?!?).


Santa came through and got Aiden the Mickey Mouse racetrak with extra cars that he wanted. Chase got the Handy Manny that he had talked about for months, but then changed his mind about wanting several times just before Christmas. Luckily by Christmas morning he wanted it again! :D


We went to the zoo to see their Winter Wild Land twice. The first time, Aiden and Chase were scared of the Grinch... he's a mean one, you know. (I hear that since Christmas his heart has grown 2 sizes or so and he's not such a mean one anymore... we may check it out tomorrow night just to see for ourselves!) They really wanted to be brave, so the second time we went, they were gearing up for it. At dinner prior to going, Chase prayed that he wouldn't be scared of the Grinch and that he'd give him a high-five! His prayer helped them both overcome their fears! :D




New Year's Eve we decided to cheat since most of the children who were at my parent's house can't tell time anyway (they're not dumb... just young!). So when the kids were too exhausted to stay awake any longer, we just got out the noisemakers and had a countdown. :D Trickery? Maybe, but it was just as fun for them! It had nothing to do with me having a difficult time to stay awake either! :D I only wish we'd thought of it before Josh (too sexy! ha, ha) & Kelly (watch out for her boyfriend!) and Chris & Michelle and their children left! We did have a fun time with Karaoke before they took off, at least!


Now it's the New Year... resolutions?!? Maybe next week! ;) Welcome... 2009!

5 comments:

Michela said...

Marc & Leilani were here? and they were singing? and Marc's crepes are to die for? and I wasn't invited? Bummer!

Cindi said...

What were we thinking?!? Next time! ;)

jksfam said...

Happy Anniversary! (I guess I better get it on my calendar since I forgot... Now you have another example of my failing brain!)

DeeDee {the great} said...

Fun times, fun times! BTW, do you have a camera hooked up to my house...how do you know I am not really resting? HUH?

Teresa Jolley said...

Resoulutions....next week, I totally agree with you. I am such a procrastinator.