Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am thankful!

Yesterday for our "preschool" time we learned about the Pilgrims and how the Indians saved them by giving them food and teaching them what to plant... Then we made Pilgrim hats and Indian head dresses. Never mind that Chase kept calling them Pilgrims and Aliens. lol Then he'd ask me, "What are they again?" I asked them what they were thankful for and wrote their answers on their feathers. Chase was mostly thankful for food, but other things as well to include oranges, meat, Aunt Dee Dee, Uncle Todd, and Aiden. Aiden was also very thankful. He included Charly, Aunt Lani, Dee Dee, Aiden, Chaser, Aiden, Cindi, "Me"... So he's very greatful for himself and I'm greatful for his high self-esteem! ;) I was most touched that he was thankful for Jesus Christ... TWICE. (Second only to his thankfulness for himself... not bad for a three year-old!) ha, ha








I am thankful for my two little guys and impulsive moments like this:












We were at story-time and Aiden, out of the blue, put his arm around his brother and then kissed his cheek. Chase didn't even mind! Those are moments that make my heart happy!

I'm thankful for sisters who I can call anytime (and who call me) to complain, vent, share good moments with. They are my best friends!

I'm thankful for my parents who keep me sane. (Not debatable... this is MY blog!) I don't know what I'd do without them! They are there for me for whatever I need. They rescue me from problems (like taking the boys with them when I have a migraine or forget to find a "sitter" and have a meeting or something). My dad has done SOOOOO much for me that I would never have been able to afford to pay someone for. (Fixed our fence, tiled our entry, put up the bunkbeds, fixed the dishwasher, replaced the mailbox, fixed the disposal... more than once, painted, cut wood, built a wall... I could go on and on.) I owe him BIG! I could never repay him even if I had a million bucks! My Mom is always ready and willing to go with us to the store, zoo, movie, or wherever. She has been to the e.r. with Chase and I more than once. She'll drop what she's doing just to come over and give the boys a hug or kiss if they're feeling sad and that's what they say they need to feel better. She'll come right over, regardless of how much she has to do, if Chase or Aiden call and say, "Grandma, I want you to come over." More than anything, they're both just there for me. My life would beVERY, VERY lonely without them!

I'm thankful that Karam is working (and driving back and forth to Denver each day) to allow me to stay home with the boys. I'm thankful that I can watch Brayden, which also provides just enough extra money to allow me to stay home with my boys.

I'm also thankful for the friends that I have. Especially the ones who stay good friends regardless of how often or infrequent we see each other... Like Kristy and Laurel.

Finally, I'm thankful, of course, for my Savior and that I have his true Gospel to lead me and guide me. I am so blessed and so thankful for the blessings that I have!

1 comments:

jksfam said...

I'm thankful that we stay good friends, too!!! I love your post, especially the picture of the kiss! So sweet!