Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Little slice of humble pie...

My hair has always been naturally curly. Lately it seems to have lost most of it's curl, so I straighten it on most days. This past weekend I just didn't have time (it was a busy Saturday and lazy Sunday) so I left it "natural". Here's Aiden's attempt at taking a picture FOR me:

Here's MY attempt. While it's a hideous picture of me, you can get a good idea of what my hair looked like.

So, on to my story. I had just finished my hair and we were getting ready to leave and my sweet little Chase touched my hair and said, "Mommy, your hair is not wet." (I guess I achieved the "wet look"?!) I said, "No, it's not." He then asked, "Um, you want to wear it wike tHat?!" Well, now that you mentioned it, like THAT, maybe not, but what choice did I have?!!
Then that night while putting them to bed, Chase said, "I wike you mommy." I responded, "I love you." He said, "No, Mommy, I said, I wike you." I said, "I like you too." He then said, "Mommy, I wuv you too... a tiny, wittle bit." Gee, thanks Chase. ;)

5 comments:

Our Life is a Journey said...

Cute! I like your hair natural....And your kids say the cutest things.

Teresa Jolley said...

I feel your pain about the natural curl. It sucks, but mine takes an hour to straighten as well as I like

Cindi said...

Thanks, Jessica!
Teresa, mine doesn't take too long to straighten now that it's so short!

The "Eck's" Files said...

Cindi--MY hair was always straight, always wanted curl. Guess what? Now its naturally curly, and I WANT my straight hair back.....yours always looks great. I like natural!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Ha! I think your hair looks great! And your kids make me laugh out loud!